Tuesday, May 7, 2013

"The Running Man"-Marxist/Psychoanalytic-Brad Wires

I just selected my text for the research paper and I am about halfway through reading it. The text I have selected is "The Running Man" by Stephen King writing under the pen name Richard Bachman. I'm going to analyze the text through a marxist lens focusing on the severe oppression of the working class. I am also interested in a psychoanalysis of Stephen King and his pseudonym Richard Bachman. I still have to finish reading but so far the text is soaked with marxist theories and ideologies. The main character and protagonists, Ben Richards, is portrayed as an honest working class individual with a disgust for the middle class and their ideologies. He also has a severe disdain for authority figures. Ben's daughter has a dangerously high fever. He is unemployed and therefore unable to provide medicine for her. His wife turns tricks from time to time in order to make a few bucks. Ben decides to "try out" for a position on a game show network. He passes all the physical and mental test and is assigned to the game called The Running Man. The network gives Ben some money and a 12 hour head start. They throw him back into society where he will be hunted down by professional killers. For every hour he survives he, or his family, earns 100 new dollars. If he happens to survive 30 days he is awarded the grand prize of One billion dollars. I have not started searching for sources yet since I am not quite done reading. I am planning on searching for a couple of sources on the text and I would like to find a source or two on Stephen King, or better yet his pseudonym Richard Bachman. Together with a Marxist analysis of the text and a psychoanalytical analysis of the author I believe I will have a solid research paper.

1 comment:

  1. Strong And Powerful Love Spell To Win Your Ex Back.. I have decided that i am going to spend the whole day on the internet just to make sure that a lot of people are able to read this my testimony about Dr.happy who is a powerful spell caster from Africa, After been abandon by my lover i was so lonely that very day that i decided to go through the net for some relationships tips, I never knew that this was the road map that will secure the return of my lover. After reading a lot of tips on how to restore my relationship in a more better way i discovered that Dr.happy has a lot of recommendation than other spell casters, So with this i had my mind made up that Dr.happy was the right person for the job, And i contacted Dr.happy through his details which i saw on the internet and i was so happy that i chose to work with Dr.happy because his work was 100% perfect and the spell brought my lover back to me with fast relief you can also contact him for help now email.. happylovespell2@gmail.com
    Website...happylovespell2.webnode.com/
    Whatsapp/cal +2348133873774

    ReplyDelete