Thursday, May 2, 2013

Asheli Rivera dystopia--Inception

I have chosen the film Inception by Christopher Nolan. This film is about a character played by Leonardo DiCapprio, who is capable of invading people's dreams. He then commits a corporate espionage to obtain information of a rival business. This movie is a dystopia because their society becomes very unrealistic and dream like, the movie becomes an entire dream where you cannot justify reality from dreams. I have not done any research yet but that film became very popular so I am sure I will find great sources.

1 comment:

  1. Asheli,

    Make sure you check the spelling of the protagonist's name: DiCapprio isn't it.

    You write, "his movie is a dystopia because their society becomes very unrealistic and dream like, the movie becomes an entire dream where you cannot justify reality from dreams." Without more explanation, you haven't established that this is actually a dystopia -- "unrealistic" and/or "dream-like" on their own don't identify something as a dystopia. The post just doesn't contain enough information or any analysis -- I wish I could offer some direction or insight, but I need more to work with.

    ReplyDelete