Thursday, May 2, 2013

Blog 5 "War of the Worlds" Alex Z

I have decided to write an essay of dystopia on the movie “War of the Worlds”.  “War of the Worlds” was made in 2005 by Steven Spielberg.  This movie is about an actor Tom Cruise trying to save his two kids from an attack on earth from a different life form.  I think this movie is considered a type of dystopia because, as the entire world is falling apart from all of the attacks by these aliens, Tom is still trying to find some sort of safety for his kids, and reunite with the x-wife.
I am still thinking on what theoretical lens I could use.
These are a couple of sources I may or will probably use,

1 comment:

  1. I think you could use either psychological or Marxist criticism. Since War of the Worlds is a psychological thriller, it could work well with analyzing how people react in the midst of chaos, widespread death, and struggle for survival.

    ReplyDelete